Just for Laughs
Q: Which job do cows do best?
A: Baker because they make cow pies regularly.
Q: What do cows do for entertainment?
A: Go to moo-vies.
Q: What is a cow's favorite holiday?
A: Moo Years Day!!
Q: Why did the blonde buy a brown cow?
A: To get chocolate milk.
Q: What musical band is a cow favorite?
A: Moo-dy Blues
Q: What do you call a cow with holes in it?
A: HOLY COW!
Q: Why should you never-ever tell a Cow a secret?
A: Because it will just go in one ear and out the UDDER
Q: What is a cow's favorite school activity?
Cows can detect odors up to five miles away.
Cows only produce white milk.
Like dogs, cats, and people, cows have different personalities too!
A mature cow weighs between 1300 to 1500 pounds.
When a cow has a baby boy it is called a "bull", if she has a girl it is called a "heifer".
New babies weigh between 60 to 110 pounds.
Cows can kick very hard!!
Cows are very curious.
Contrary to popular belief, cows do not have 4 stomachs; they have 4 digestive compartments:
- The rumen holds up to 50 gallons of partially digested food. This is where cud comes from. Good bacteria in the rumen helps digest the cows food and provides protein for the cow.
- The reticulum is called the hardware stomach because if cows accidentally eat hardware (like a piece of fencing scrap), it will often lodge here causing no further damage.
- The omasum is sort of like a filter.
- The abomasum which is like our stomach.
Cows drink about a bathtub full of water and eat around 40 pounds of food a day.
Cows have 32 teeth:
- 8 incisors on the bottom front
- 6 molars on the top and bottom of each side
- A tough pad of skin instead of teeth on the top front
And--did you know that cows never need a tissue---